Mission, Vision and Goals: The mission of Sacramento Investment Without Displacement is to support the health and stability of neighborhoods impacted by development. Our vision is to have residents and representatives of community institutions highly engaged in the planning of major development projects in their neighborhoods. Our goal is that over time, these projects improve the health and build the assets of existing residents, increase the economic and racial equity in the neighborhoods, and provide long term stability to these residents and community institutions. Our key strategy is to negotiate comprehensive Community Benefits Agreements with major project sponsors, developers and investors.
Organization: Sacramento Investment Without Displacement (SacIWD) is organized as a California public benefits corporation and is applying for federal and state tax exempt 501 (c)3 status. Sacramento IWD is governed by a volunteer board of directors. Directors are elected by majority vote quorum of the SacIWD membership.
Qualification for Membership: To be considered for membership, an entity must be c California nonprofit corporation, unincorporated association, or a group located in Sacramento organized to advocate for or support one or more the following: affordable housing, food security, health access, labor, neighborhood association, environmental sustainability, impacted constituents, youth, students, neighborhood-based businesses, transportation equity. Indoviduals will not be considered for membership, but SacIWD welcomes the involvement of individual volunteers and individual constituents of member organizations.
Membership Application: Entities desiring to apply for SacIWD membership should complete this membership agreement, and an individual duly authorized to commit the entity should sign the Agreement. Please email to Info.SacIWD@gmail.com Note: The applying entity's website and other documents may ne reviews for compatibility with the SacIWD mission and vision.
The following are the guidelines by which we agree to conduct ourselves as members of Sacramento Investment Without Displacement.
1. Members will provide updates to contact information for both the organization's leaders (executive director and board chair/president) and its designated representative to SIWD. Updates can be emailed to Info.SacIWD@gmail.com
2. Each Member organization shallowing have one single vote in elections and matters put to a membership vote. More than one representative of a Member organization may attend SacIWD meetings and events unless specified otherwise by the SacIWD Board of Directors.
3. Individuals are elected to SacIWD's Board through the process described in the SacIWD bylaws. SacIWD Members will make good faith efforts to recruit candidates to the Board and submit nominations to fill vacant board seats.
4. Members will support SacIWD's PR and Media strategies related to protecting neighborhoods where large real estate developments are planned and obtaining community benefits agreements. (Collaborate, don't undermine.")
5. Members will make good faith efforts to actively participate in discussions related to SacIWD's work and projects in committee and member meetings. SaIWD will make good faith efforts to regularly communicate with Members and Latin Member input. Member's will provide timely responses to SacIWD communications and request for input.
6. SacIWD board members will act and make decisions in the best interest of the mission and goals of SacIWD.
7. SacIWD will carry out its work with transparency.
Click below to download a copy of the SacIWD Membership Application and Agreement Form.
If your organization is interested in becoming a member, please email Info.SacIWD@gmail.com
Gabby Trejo, President
Tamika l'Ecluse, Vice President
Erica Jaramillo, Treasure
Matt Baker, Secretary
Bill Motmans, Board Member
Kim Williams, Board Member
Kendra Lewis, Board Member